Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is colon hydrotherapy safe?
Yes. In fact, with the Angel of Water, sessions are much safer and easier than the commonenema.
2. How does a colon hydrotherapy treatment compare to an enema?
An enema only reaches the rectum and lower part of the colon, whereas with colon hydrotherapy the entire length of the colon is cleansed.
3. Do the treatments hurt?
No. In fact many people report their colon hydrotherapy sessions as being both refreshing and relaxing.
4. Are there any contraindicationsto colon hydrotherapy using the Angel of Water?
If you have a concern about your health or the appropriateness of colon hydrotherapy for you, you should consult your physician or licensed healthcare practitioner. Contraindications for the use of the Angel of Water include, but may not be limited to: recent colon, rectal or abdominal surgery, congestive heart failure, intestinal perforations, carcinoma of the rectum, fissures or fistula, severe hemorrhoids, abdominal hernia, renal insufficiency, first or last trimester of pregnancy and cirrhosis of the liver. Professionally administered colon hydrotherapy is otherwise very safe.
5. Is there any possibility of bacterial or viral contamination from prior use of the colon hydrotherapy equipment?
The Angel of Water system uses single-use, sterile rectal nozzles. The use of sterile disposables coupled with the implementation of the Angel of Water’s multi-stage sanitation protocol with EPA registered disinfectants leaves no danger of contamination.
6. How long does a session take?
Actual session time is about 45 minutes, but you should plan on about 1 hour for your first consultation with session.
7. Does having a menstrual period at the time of a colon hydrotherapy session have any effect on the experience?
No. Some consider it a good time to have a session since your body is already cleansing. Your flow will not interfere with the success of the session. However, some women prefer to wait until after their period is over to do a cleansing session.
8. What should I do to prepare for a colon hydrotherapy cleansing?
Refrain from eating about 2 hours before the cleansing, be as relaxed as possible and maintain a positive, cheerful attitude.
9. Will I experience any intestinal discomfort or fatigue after the cleansing?
Usually not, but everyone is different. Some report a slight feeling of tiredness, but this is similar to the feeling you have after exercising vigorously. After a session, sipping warm liquids is usually very soothing. If you have concerns, consult with your colon hydrotherapist.
10. Can I work directly after having colon hydrotherapy?
Yes. You can work just as you would after a regular bowel movement.
11. Will I be left alone during the Angel of Water colon hydrotherapy session?
No. A certified Angel of Water practitioner will be monitoring you throughout the session for both your comfort and safety